The Slimming Foodie – One-pot lemony chicken rice
“Alongside my family, food is my passion, and my own healthy eating journey inspired me to start my blog” says Pippa.
The Slimming Foodie is all about enjoying healthy soul food. My approach is- TASTY- Healthy eating doesn’t mean you have to lose the joy of food REAL- The recipes are accessible, easy to make at home, and affordable SMART – The approach is a long-term, sustainable way to eat healthily
This one-pot meal is a delicious, easy and quick family-friendly recipe!
Connect with The Slimming Foodie:
Tags: family meal, dinner
503 k/cals per serving
175g long-grain rice
2 large chicken breasts
1 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp dried parsley
Frylight Cooking Spray (Butter)
500ml chicken stock
zest and juice of 1 lemon
parmesan to serve (if you fancy it!)
salt and pepper
100g fine green beans, topped and tailed
- Coat the chicken breasts with the garlic granules (1 tsp), 1 tsp dried parsley and season with salt and pepper
- Spray Frylight into a large bottomed pan (one that has a lid) and put on a medium heat. Place the chicken breasts in to fry. Fry for 2 minutes each side until browned, and then set aside (it doesn’t matter that they aren’t cooked through)
- Spray the pan again with Frylight, stir the rice over the bottom of the pan, and then add in the stock, 1 tsp dried parsley, the lemon zest and the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat down to low. Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice and cover the pan with the lid. Leave cooking gently for 15 minutes. When there is just 5 minutes of cooking time left, add the green beans onto the top of the rice/chicken, and then keep cooking with the lid on.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through, and serve.