Spinach and Butternut Squash Risotto
A warming, creamy risotto that can easily be adapted to include your favourite veg.
Tags: hearty, autumn, winter, weekday
553 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
1kg butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
450g risotto rice
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
150g spinach, washed
30g parmesan cheese, grated plus extra for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Spray a baking tray with Frylight and add the butternut squash. Spray the squash with Frylight and sprinkle over the sage. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Spray Frylight into a large saucepan to cover the surface. Wait for the Frylight to go clear and then add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir.
- Add 1 cup of warm stock to the rice at a time. Stir constantly until the stock has been absorbed. Continue until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the spinach, roasted squash and parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with extra grated parmesan.