Smoky butternut squash and three bean chilli
A hearty vegetarian butternut squash and three bean chilli with a smoky tomato base. Perfect for batch cooking and freezing.
Tags: vegetarian, autumn day, winter day, batch cooking
490 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
1 large onion, diced
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tbsp medium chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tin pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp tomato paste
Salt and pepper to season
450g Wholegrain rice
- Spray Frylight in a large heavy bottomed pan and place over a medium heat until Frylight goes clear.
- Add the onion, pepper and squash to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Add the garlic, chilli powder, cumin and smoked paprika and stir to coat, continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans, tomato paste and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions. Serve the chilli with the wholegrain rice and coriander to garnish.