Chocolate & Cherry Muffins
This moist and more-ish cake is a treat for the whole family – you could also add some chopped nuts on top to make it extra special. The cake will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container or you can even freeze half for enjoying later.
k/cals per serving
Frylight Butter Flavour
225g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g cocoa powder
225g caster sugar
3 large eggs
100g natural yoghurt
100ml vegetable oil
100g glace, tinned or fresh cherries, roughly chopped
100g chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 170°C / 150°C fan. Spray the bottom and sides of a 22cm loaf tin well.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan.
- Beat the eggs and then add the yoghurt and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, along with the cherries and 80g of chocolate chunks. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Spray a 12 hole muffin tray liberally with Frylight and then divide the mixture between the holes. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks onto the top of the muffins, and then cook for 15 minutes until well risen and cooked through.