Everybody loves fajitas and the whole family can get involved. The homemade salsa certainly makes these stand out from the crowd.
Tags: dinner, family meal, summer, birthday meal, lunch
525 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 red onion, sliced
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp chilli powder (more if you like it spicy!)
Juice of 1 lime
4 Wholemeal Tortillas
1 Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
150g Grated Cheese
For the tomato salsa
½ small red onion, finely chopped
250g small vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
large handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- For the salsa. Combine the onion, tomatoes, garlic and coriander in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Spray a griddle pan or frying pan with Frylight, place over a medium heat and wait until Frylight goes clear.
- Add the chicken strips to the pan with the smoked paprika, cumin and chilli powder. Stir together and cook for a couple of minutes to brown. Squeeze in the lime juice and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the red and green pepper and red onion to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for a few minutes. When ready to serve spoon the chicken mix into the middle of each tortilla and add shredded lettuce, salsa and a sprinkling of grated cheese before rolling. Cut in half and serve.