Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Gratin
A hearty and comforting vegetable side dish that will go down a treat with the whole family.
Tags: Dinner Party, family
344 k/cals per serving
Frylight Cooking Spray
500g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 onions, diced
2 teaspoons dried sage
300ml vegetable stock
1 teaspoon ground mace
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons thick cream
100g vegetarian hard cheese, grated
1 tablespoon dried parsley
75g vegetarian Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spray an ovenproof dish with Frylight.
- Place cubed squash and potato into a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water. Cover and microwave on high for five minutes. Let sit, covered until you are ready to use.
- While squash mixture is in microwave, spray a large frying pan with Frylight to cover the cooking surface of the pan and place on a medium heat. Wait until Frylight is clear and then add the onions and sage and cook until starting to soften, about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain the squash and potato mix and add to the pan along with the stock, mace and garlic. Season to taste.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until most of the broth is absorbed. Stir in the heavy cream, cooking for 3 minutes more or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer the mix to the prepared ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, hard cheese and parsley in a small bowl and then sprinkle this on top of the squash mixture.
- Top with the grated Gruyere and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling.