Frylight cooking spray
1 onion, chopped
2 courgettes, sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
100ml red or white wine
2tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
400g tin chopped tomatoes
100g baby spinach
2tbsp each chopped fresh basil and fresh parsley
250g pack fresh lasagne sheets
A few fresh sprigs of thyme
For the topping
30g vegetarian hard cheese, grated
4 tbsp skimmed milk
4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Spray a 1.5–2 litre ovenproof dish with Frylight.
- Spray a large frying pan with Frylight to cover the cooking surface of the pan and set over a medium heat. Wait until the Frylight goes clear and then add the onion, courgettes, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the wine, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and passata. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5 minutes until reduced by a third. Stir in the spinach and the chopped basil and parsley.
- If you prefer a smoother texture place into a food processor and blitz (optional). If you prefer a more chunky texture then leave.
- Blitz all the topping ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- To assemble, layer a third of the vegetable mix in the prepared dish and top with a third of the lasagne sheets. Repeat twice more.
- Spread the cheese topping on top of the final layer. Sprinkle over more nutmeg and press in the sprigs of thyme .
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, then serve.