Frylight Cooking Spray
4 Smoked bacon rashers, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 medium carrot, grated
500g beef mince
125ml red wine
1 beef stock cube
2 x 400g tinned plum tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato puree
2 tsp dried oregano
100g frozen peas
50g grated parmesan (optional)
handful of chopped fresh basil
- Spray a large heavy bottomed pan with Frylight to cover the cooking surface. Put on a medium heat and wait until Frylight is clear. Add the chopped bacon and fry for a few minutes. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrot and fry until starting to brown.
- Add the mince to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and crumble in the stock cube. Bring to the boil and then reduce for 5 minutes whilst stirring.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and dried oregano. Stir together and bring to the boil. Season to taste.
- Add in the peas, cover, reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti to packet instructions.
- Serve spaghetti with Bolognese on top. Add basil and grated parmesan to taste.